Wednesday, May 4, 2011
Wrap it Up!
As prom season 2011 has officially come to an end, I am amazed at all that has been accomplished in the last ten months.
Here is a summary.
1. We traveled to Cambodia in July 2010 and met our first two girls that became apart of the Daughters program. Both were rescued from horrible life-threatening situations.
2. We developed a working relationship with Mr. Sien, our professional tailor.
3.We set up a workshop for the future students to work in.
4. We established a home for the girls to safely live.
5. We filled the home with ten girls, all rescued from, or at risk of, human trafficking.
6. We hired a social worker to come and counsel the girls.
7. We hired a house mother, Mom Som, who cares for the girls so much, that she chooses to sleep in their dorm room with them instead of in her own private bedroom.
8. We purchased an eight passenger van, (in Cambodia it is more like a fifteen passenger van). 9. We hired a gatekeeper and driver.
10.We hired a full time professional seamstress to teach and mentor the girls Monday through Friday.
11. We have a wonderful couple, Katy and Alan Berringer, preparing to move in August to be missionaries. They will oversee all of the ventures of CGI in Cambodia.
12. The Prom Store by Sophia's sold 57 'Daughters' dresses!
All of this is possible because of the generosity of our donors and advocates. We are so grateful for the ongoing support of your prayers and financial gifts. None of this would be happening if it were not for you! We are preparing for the next prom season. I leave July 1st to make my 4th trip to Cambodia in 12 months. Chris Alexander and I will be sharing CGI's ministries with a team of twelve people. I will also begin reviewing the samples for the next prom season. Please continue to pray for us.